Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steve Jobs

So I got home at around 4pm and immediately checked my Twitter account only to find it flooded with Steve Jobs tweet. It was only today that I knew who Steve Jobs was. My best friend told me this morning that he died already and I didn't even have any idea who he was until he told me that he was the creator of Apple products. I was a bit saddened knowing that and was even more sad when I read all those tweets about him. People are giving him so much good words that he truly deserve on Twitter, Facebook and in just about every corner of the internet right now. Sad that he cannot read it all now, though. But anyway, one of my friends tweeted a site that has Steve Jobs' commencement speech for Stanford University. I have always been a lover of speeches since I was a child. I remember delivering declamation and oratorical speeches when I was in gradeschool. Also, I have this book of speeches that is all torn and wet and all the bad things that can happen to a book but I always read it back then.

Steve Jobs' speech was truly inspiring. I am a lover of good speeches and I loved every part of his speech. It's quite ironic that people are remembered most on their death. It's sad, really. Anyway, I really wanna share with you guys his speech so that you can share the same feeling that I felt after watching it.

He mentioned it there that he really didn't know what he wanted to be in the future when he entered college and I can relate to this more than anything. I know I'm not the only one. Events turned out to be pretty good for him and I guess that we can trust our uncertainties that it will turn out good for us as well. This goes out to all my fellow students! In all the decisions we make, let's try to make a difference.


"Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become." - Steve Jobs



RIP STEVE JOBS. 

Oh and by the way, my blog has a new title now. Changed it to be more personal. I'll be putting title for every entry that I blog now too, than just the date. My blog's getting a make up over soon, wait for it!

Love, Paola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment