Thursday, May 10, 2012

Trying Out Trends

What do you wear to a hot, sunny day spent learning a piano piece, touring your baby cousin around Greenbelt, helping with shoe shopping, eating your heart out at McDonald's since you missed it so much even though you eat it regularly and ice cream scavenging? A shirt-short combo is your best bet! Well, it is for me. But how to make it interesting? Although I've never referred to myself as trendy, I do like to try out some trends sometimes. It's nice being able to pull off current fashion statements and accents but personal style should always win. So whenever I try out trends, I try to inject my own personal touch to it!

This outfit involved print on print blocking. It's a hit trend of 2011 but I never did like it because it was too loud and too attention grabbing for me. Pairing print to another print can be a little heavy to look at so I tried to find pieces that belong to the same color wheel. It makes a clash of stand out pieces look put together. And the personal style I injected? Floral prints!  :)
Top - Forever 21 || Shorts - Forever 21
Only realized it now that I was wearing a Forever 21 outfit. :))
Sunnies - Topshop
Necklace - Accessorize
Bangles - Forever 21 || Owl ring - Accessorize || White ring - Market! Market!

Bag - Gift
Belt - XOXO
Wedges - Charles and Keith
And here's yesterday's hyper birthday boy! :)


Trying out trends sometimes make you fashion forward but I believe that your own instinct when it comes to dressing up should always be the top priority. That's innate style! The way you dress up shows the world a part of who you are and just like the very cliche line says, "Why try to fit in, when you're born to stand out?" :)

Love, Paola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment