Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Fashionable Way

In my opinion, there's a thin line between formal and semi formal. But between semi formal in layman's term and semi formal in fashionable people's term, there's a huge, gaping hole of difference. I wore this outfit to The Ramp's holiday collection launch at Philippine Fashion Week. I have very little experience of PFW, the only thing I'm sure about is that semi formal is not semi formal at all! HAHA, quite confused? Well, here's an example. For normal semi formal events, you can't wear shorts or tank tops. But for fashionable semi formal events, shorts and tank tops and other supposedly casual pieces are more than welcome as long as it's covered in sequins or glitters or prints that are out of this world. Normal semi formal events usually stick to clean cut, classic styles. For fashionable semi formal events, the more creative, the more eye catching, the more famous you'll be when you strut down the hallways. 

With that in mind, I wanted to be just as dressed as everybody else but I didn't wanna sacrifice personal style and to a few degrees, comfort as well. So I decided to combine both by using classic, neutral colors with pieces that have unexpected cuts and details. Lace and sheer are trendy pieces but when combined with classic black pumps and accented with gold accessories, it's normal semi formal meets fashionable semi formal!
 Top - Forever 21 || Skirt - The Ramp || Clutch - Aldo
Necklace - Mom's

Bangles - H&M || Ring - Rustan's
 Belt - For Me
Ring - SM Accessories
Pumps - Zara
Please excuse my inappropriate nail color! :))

School starts tomorrow so I'm keeping this short! Will share about the The Ramp's holiday collection in my next post! So excited. :)

Love, Paola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment