Saturday, March 24, 2012

Girl On Fire

When you're running out of ideas for an outfit, take inspirations on the things you love. As you might have read in my previous post, I watched the Hunger Games movie last night. When I woke up, I knew I had to channel an outfit that has the Hunger Games spirit. Even though we need to be in a corporate attire, I was willing to bring an extra set of clothes. Boy, did I take time dressing up. I had a piles and piles of clothes lying in my bed because I couldn't find the right outfit. That's when I saw my orange dress that I haven't worn in a long time. Right then, I knew it was perfect. Corporate-ish but also screams Katniss' character, "Girl on fire." So in a room full of people in a black and white corporate attire, I was there wearing bright orange. Just what like Cinna said, "I'm here to help you make an impression."


Dressing up not so ordinarily has a price to pay too. It was extremely hot under those big, somehow Chinese-like collars. Fanning myself the whole day was the price I paid for my Girl in Fire look. HAHA!



Dress - Plains and Prints


Bangles - H&M


Orange ring - H&M || Flower ring - Forever 21
Stocked up on pink and orange accessories.


Now, to complete the look. I finished it off with braids since it's Katniss' trademark! 


Wanna see my inspiration for the look? 


 Here you I go! How I wish that when I twirl, my dress makes real fire as well. That would've been nice to show off to all my friends who teased me about my outfit! Hahaha. 

Anyway, enough Hunger Games talk. You're all probably had enough of my addiction. But anyway, check it out if you haven't seen it yet. It really is a good movie! Off to party of one of my close friends now! Bye! :)

Love, Paola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment