Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Rainy Days and Mondays

When it pours on a Sunday night, there's only one thing that I wish for - that Monday classes get suspended. And well, to my disappointment that wish was not granted. So on my way to school, I was staring out the window singing inside my head, rainy days and Mondays always get me down. HAHA! I'm melodramatic like that. 

But really though, rain and Monday was never a good combination. It's that time when everyone pulls out a big, loose hoodie and rock the bed hair look to school. So what's a girl to do? I give you a few tips to survive the cuddle weather (even if you have no one to cuddle with)! :)


Tip #1: It's easy to get lost in a crowd wearing the jeans + hoodie/jacket/cardigan combo when it's raining. So what do you do when you want to stand out (or just need to look presentable for a report like me)? Put on a stylish denim jacket! It's a little more chic but it's also enough to keep you warm. :)



Denim Jacket - EDC by Esprit || Top - Mango || Leggings - Debenhams


Pearl necklace - Apostrophe
Tip #2: Wear something school appropriate inside your jacket so you can remove it anytime. In a country with super bipolar weather, it can be pouring hard for a minute then extremely hot the next minute. In my case, I wore a sleeveless, cotton top.


Ring - Mia Casa
Tip #3: Don't let the weather dampen your creative spirit. Accessorize! :)  


Boots - Forever 21
Tip #4: Positive side of a wet weather - the only excuse to wear boots in such hot country. This time, it's appropriate. This is the only time you won't get weird stares from people for wearing and walking around in booties. 


Tip #5: Smile! It's easy to just go with the gloominess of the weather but that's the challenge for us. Especially for me since I hate almost everything about the rain - traffic, walking on wet ground, mud, unusual scent and extreme heat it gives off before and after and I could go on and on and on. But let's challenge ourselves to keep the spirits high! :)

Hope my tips helped! But you probably won't need it anyway since I'm pretty sure the temperature in the country is at a boiling point right now (okay, exaggeration). But anyway, just wanted to share them. Have a goodnight! :)

Love, Paola <3

1 comment:

  1. amazing jacket and boots!! great combination with the striped top!!
    mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete