Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Haven't Met You Yet

Have you ever had one of those songs that just instantly calms you down or puts you in a happy mood whatever mood you're in? Well, I have lots of those. But for two months now, it has been this song by Michael Buble, Haven't Met You Yet. I listen to it every morning, sing it repeatedly while taking a bath and play it on my iPod while climbing the stairs, inside the elevator, waiting for a prof or just doing homework.

Songs are powerful in every way. It speaks for you when you're at lost for words, takes you back in time, unfolds a certain dream or memory, gives you hope or just put you in the right attitude for the rest of the day. And like songs, colors can put you in a bright, happy attitude as well. So today, I decided to dress up in bright pink, flowers and butterflies. 


I love the color of my outfit! Like what they say, keep it bright to make it right. Okay, okay. I just made that up. Talking about songs and happy colors make me rhyme. Haha! :))


Top - Gift || Skirt - Forever 21


Necklace - Accessorize
This butterfly necklace matches the color of the top and the flower of the skirt perfectly! Garden peg for the outfit, maybe? :)


Bangles - SM Accessories || Flower bracelet - Gift || Ring - Swatch


To downplay the girly-ness and happy color, I brought my brown cardigan. I am always in cardigans lately. It is unbelievable breezy and cold in the afternoon and since I have night classes, cardigans are my best friend. Nothing beats the feel of the combination of cotton and cold air. 



Cardigan - Promod


So, what's your happy song and happy color? Bright colors never fail as well as country and jazz music! I suggest you listen to Michael Buble's Everything or The Calling's Wherever You Will Go or Jesse McCartney's Beautiful Soul when you're feeling a bit off. Good music is all it takes! 

I know someday, it'll all work out
You'll make me work, so we can work to work it out
I promise you kid, I'll give more than I get
I just haven't met you yet

Love, Paola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment