Tuesday, December 18, 2012

SG Day 3: Merlion

Concluding my SG posts with a photo diary of our activities on the third day. We had an early flight the next day, so this was technically our last day in Singapore. I originally plan on posting an outfit shot with this one but I look so bad in the photos so nevermind. Haha! We spent the afternoon going around Vivo City. It's just a mall but what makes it different is that it has a mini beach for children on its top most floor! Also, the whole trip my dad kept reminding me that I can't call it a Singapore trip if I haven't seen the Merlion. Our trip was packed and due to time constraint, I thought I'd never get to see it. Luckily, we were able to meet a very kind taxi driver who was willing to pass by the Merlion and drop us off even just for a few minutes. This is such a big deal since unlike in Manila, vehicles can't just stop anywhere drop off people. Haha! So I'm really thankful for that nice cab driver for letting me complete my SG trip! 

View of Sentosa from Vivo City!
Nothing special about the view but it's just so picturesque!
I have yet to experience my first cable car ride. :(
A mini beach is the last thing I expect to find on a mall's rooftop! Definitely something different!
Going around the mall, we passed by Toys R Us and saw this Merlion Lego figure! At that time, I thought I had to do with just this!!
But put it in the right background and it would look so real!!! Maybe just a little bit pixelated? Haha
And ta-da! Here it is! When the cab driver told us we could go down for 5 minutes, I walked as quickly as I could to the Merlion (running is not in my vocabulary). When I got there I told my dad to be a ninja and quickly take as many pictures as he can as I absorb the beautiful view! The Merlion is the best way to really see Singapore. Not only is it the country's national personification but I think it's also the best spot to be in the city. The lion in front of you, Marina bay just right behind you, the Singapore Flyer to the left, all the while being surrounded by amazing buildings and structures!
Right after seeing the Merlion, we went back to Orchard Road!
I love Orchard road at night! It's so alive!
We also went to Paragon where all the high street brands are! 
Ended the day with some good Ramen! Japanese food will always be my comfort food!
On our way back to the hotel, I insisted on walking although my feet felt like it was gonna fall off already. But I wanted to make the most out of it since it's our last night out! 

There you have it! All of my SG posts done! Till my next travel post! 
All SG posts here: 123456

Love, Paola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment