Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Thoughts on Boxing

Here's to a day when Manny Pacquiao lost the fight but won the hearts of almost everyone. And here's where I'll start to give my real thoughts on boxing. Before that, can I just say that Pacquiao is a hero simply because he has given Filipinos something solid to be proud of. But in all honesty, I think that boxing is too violent and too brutal to be considered a sport. I personally think that it's weird and a little cold hearted to cheer one person as he practically murders another person. I know that's quite an exaggeration since I haven't heard anyone die from boxing. Yet. But what can we do, right? It's hard not to support and cheer for Manny's victory. I'm all for Manny winning but I don't think I'm for Bradley losing. This is why I don't like boxing. I haven't quite figured out what I really feel about it. 
Unless of course they start to develop something like Real Steel where only controlled robots tear each other apart. That's when I'll start loving it, I guess since it's just like playing a video game. But with the kind of setup that we have in boxing today, well, that's just like Hunger Games isn't it? Throwing people in the arena (in this case, boxing ring) and finding entertainment in seeing them hurt each other until the other one can't take it anymore. The only difference is that they're not force to do it, or aren't they? That and the fact that they're paid billions of dollars. 

Anyway, my parents and I watched it live at Barcino in Greenbelt. It's my first time to actually watch a whole boxing fight from start to finish and can I just say that I don't get it! People would cheer and shout on moments that I would cringe. Definitely not for the faint hearted. Thank God for Twitter and people's clever take on insults. Haha! Now that's entertainment!
Outfit post tomorrow! :)

Love, Paola <3

No comments:

Post a Comment