Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wicked in Manila!!!

 Last night, we were able to watch the highly acclaimed theater production, Wicked, at CCP. And although I have little exposure to broadway theater, I really, really, really enjoyed watching Wicked. From the stage design, to the costumes, to the special effects, to the actors - everything was hands down amazing!!!! I was in awe the whole time! I was so giddy hearing all the songs live. Anyway, this is the outfit I wore during the show. Forgive the low quality, we forgot to bring an SLR so these are all just iPhone photos. It was a little disappointing how some people don't dress up as much for occasions like this anymore. My first theater experience was Miss Saigon also at CCP and I remember how everyone was all so dressed up and lovely that time! Personally, glamming up for occasions like this are so much fun! 

Dress used as top - Mango | Skirt - XOXO | Pumps - Charles and Keith | Chandelier earrings - Accessorize 

 Here are some photos from last night:
Set design! The flying dragon!
 The map to Emerald City.


I read in an article that this show, down to its tiniest detail, was exactly like the one in broadway in London. It's great that more and more broadway shows are coming to Manila! I'm hoping that in the following years Lion King, Sweeney Todd, Cats, The Producers, The Little Mermaid and other broadway shows just keep coming and coming and coming! Like most plays, pictures were not allowed during the show but I was able to find official pictures on the internet:

 Glinda was so adorable! The audience was cracking up because of her! She was just so entertaining!
 This scene showed the most how Wicked is connected to The Wizard of Oz.
 My favorite musical number was  no doubt Defying Gravity but the Popular number comes close!
 Jemma Rix, the actress who plays Elphaba, has the most beautiful voice!!!
Even the costumes of all the dancers are so detailed!

*pictures taken from Ticketworld.net blog, Philstar & Inquirer*

I hope I get to watch more shows like this in the future!!! I really loved and enjoyed it! I heard Wicked is extended until March so go watch it, it truly is worth it!

Love, Paola 

No comments:

Post a Comment