Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year's Eve

If you've read my 2013 year-end post, you'll know that one of the things I'd like to do in 2014 is to go all out. What better way to start that resolution than with my New Year's Eve outfit? When my mom told us to where polkadots, it was a no-brainer, I knew I had to put together this ensemble. Polkadots are known to be lucky and although I don't like leaving everything to chance and I believe in hardwork, a little luck along the way wouldn't hurt. Fashionwise, this outfit is also appropriate since it has two things that became a closet staple in 2013 - crop tops and skater skirt. Plus, I had on my DIY-ed 2014 headband which ate up all my patience that day since it was hard to make all the numbers stand up and right after shooting about 4 photos, it gave up on me. But another new year's resolution is to fuss less so it's all good. I also covered it with glitters which I hate very much, but some sparkle is very much called for during this occassion. I'm so glad to have 2014 here and I can't wait for what it has in-store for us! 
Topshop crop top | Cotton On skater skirt | Mango loafers

New year's eve celebration this year was different but still memorable! It was sad that we weren't able to celebrate with my cousin, aunt and uncle and had to forgo our annual costume party but we still had and did some of my favorite things like the torotot and going out at midnight to watch the fireworks. Here's a photodump of how we celebrated new year at home:

Love, Paola

No comments:

Post a Comment