Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sparkles and Cheers for 19 Years!

Nineteen years of what, you ask? Nineteen years of life, of having the best family and friends, of being showered by so many blessings, just nineteen years of pure awesomeness. When I was young, I've always thought that as you age, everything falls exactly in its order - you age, you mature then you do the things you're supposed to be doing. Everything has control and order. But nineteen years of existence has taught me that things don't always fall into place on its own and in most circumstances, you're in control of your own life. There are times when I feel so matured and grown up, a different person with changed perspective and bigger dreams. But there are also times that I feel exactly like the 10-year old version of myself - same likes and dislikes, habits and state of mind. It's trivial and ironic yet comforting at the same time knowing that some things will change and have changed but some things will always remain.

It's kind of tradition for me to come up with my birthday wish. I'm done wishing for barbies and toys or for fun teenage years - I'm blessed to have those wish granted in my past birthdays.  Now that I'm nineteen, my only wish is to be the best version of myself in all aspects. I want to be totally comfortable with who I am all the while discovering who I can be, I want to always be the bigger person, to be someone all my loved ones will be proud of and more than anything, to be able to give back and simply be a blessing to the people I care about as they have been the biggest blessing to me. 

Before my day ended, I stumbled upon an instagram photo saying "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." I think it was the perfect reminder as I close my chapter on being 18 and open a new one. Better live life day by day, not just taking the good ones but also the bad, not only for the big things but also for the small happenings. Sparkles and cheers! Ahhhh can't believe I'm 19 already!!!! :)  
Dress (used as top) - Forever 21 || Skirt - Rustan's
Gold choker - Mia Casa
Belt - Iora
Bangles and pink ring - Accessorize

Love, Paola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment