Saturday, November 10, 2012

Young at Heart

People always say that I look young for my age. I'm just starting to get used to answering "19" whenever people ask how old I am but the consistent "you don't look 19" reply doesn't help sometimes. In high school, my friends used to make fun of me telling me that I can be such a kid sometimes. Not in its negative, childlike meaning I hope. Haha. Maybe because I am amused by simple things. I suppose it's an only child thing. But honestly though, I actually don't feel 19 too. I watch Spongebob and Phineas and Ferb whenever I catch them on TV, I get nostalgic whenever I see a playground and I still cannot find it in my heart to give away my Barbie dolls and their dollhouse. An unbearable scene would always cross my mind whenever I'd think of giving them away: little girls would just start ripping their heads off and losing all their precious and accessories! HAHA

Although there's nothing wrong with looking young (I'm sure it's something I would long for in the future),  I always try to present myself in the right age and a big part of that involves how I dress. This is one of the few outfits I feel very matured in. The leafy print on my top is a refreshing contrast to my usual florals. My matching accessories is also a break from the usual piled up bangles and huge rings. A blouse and pants pairing in tame colors with a simple graphic print and minimal accessories will definitely make people say, "Hey, she's 21!"
Top - Zara || Pants - Promod
Earrings - Balikbayan handicrafts
Matching bracelet and necklace - Balikbayan Handicrafts || Crystal flower bracelet - Thrifted 

Love, Paola xx

No comments:

Post a Comment