Monday, July 14, 2014

Nothing To Wear

As I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, my style is currently in transition. Maybe it is something that comes with age (lol how old do I sound?), but I think one's personal style eventually reaches a point wherein it is craving for evolution. In another previous post, I talked about the sale season which is timely in this kind of stage. For the past months, I've been stocking up on office outfits which are appropriate but still fashionably me in one way or another. Thinking of office outfits are becoming more and more effortless now that I do it so often. The struggle comes when I have to dress casually. Lately, whenever I have to be in casual clothes, I find myself staring at my closet for a good five minutes, and then another five to try on one outfit, reject it and stare at my closet again. It's universally a girl's problem to think you have nothing to wear when you have a closet full of clothes staring right back at you. 

More often than not, I find myself in denim shorts plus loose shirts or fitted patterned skirts plus plain tops. To put it simply, I have been leaning on dressing simply these past days. Gone are the days when I would have the energy to pair a printed top and a printed bottom. Right now, I'd rather be streamlined and put together. The skirt I'm wearing in these set of photos is a denim pencil skirt and it's a shame that it's not very clear due to the lighting. Backtracking this blog would show me in lots and lots of printed, a-line skirts. But then I just woke one day feeling like those pieces of clothing make me feel like I'm 14. Fashion-wise, this may be just a phase or I really do find it in me to dress more maturely but either way, transition and evolution is a fun thing, as it pave the way for interesting discoveries and a wide array of possibilities! 
Mango Crop top | Debenhams Denim pencil skirt | Marc by March Jacobs Tote | Tops Necklace | Call it Spring Flats

No comments:

Post a Comment