Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On Letting Go

Carrie once said this quote in an episode of The Carrie Diaries: "Letting go of people or tradition is hard because you invest so much time in them that to let go can be scary but it can also be liberating or even essential to your happiness." Instantly, I thought of all the things I had to let go of. It wasn't very many and most of it are notable or crucial. But I realized that letting go is not a talent I possess - be it letting go of my old, dirty stuff toy I've had named Abbit ever since I was two years old or letting go of a friendship I know wasn't really going to work out in the end, or letting go of traditions that I love and look forward to. It's hard for me to let things go but in the end, whether I like it or not, things always change and sometimes they change for the better. Although results are not immediate and sometimes all you can do is wait - just like how Carrie said that statement in the end of season 1 and left us all waiting for season 2. 
Top - Clothes for the Goddess || Skirt - Pink Manila || Bear hat - Ebay || Bag - Michael Kors || Loafers - Topshop

Love, Paola 

No comments:

Post a Comment