The very first Taylor Swift song I heard was Mary's Song (Oh my my my) and I was sold right from the very beginning. It was 2007 and I was in 2nd year high school. My overly dramatic 13-year-old self thought that there was nobody who understand me better than Taylor Swift. I started learning her songs, started playing the guitar, started researching about my new found favorite celebrity until one day, she doesn't seem like just another idol, she seemed more like a best friend - the kind that you always wished for but never quite got. 8 years, 7 albums, 4 world tours and countless awards later, I still very much feel like she's my ultimate bff. Her unpublished songs, songs she sang to auditions when she was 13 years old, her radio guestings - these are all saved on my iPod till now.
Speak Now World Tour Manila in February 2011
She had two concerts here in Manila and I was lucky enough to attend both. If I were to rank the most memorable moments of my life, seeing her perform live would definitely be in my top 10! That's why my heart broke into tiny pieces when they officially announced that the 1989 World Tour does not include the Philippines! HUHUHU still hoping for the second leg!!!!
Red Tour Manila in July 2014
So since it's her birthday, here are my top 13 favorite lines from her songs:
1. "It's hard not to find it all a little bittersweet, but looking back on all of that it's nice to believe" ~ Tim McGraw
2. "He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do. He's the time taken up, but there's never enough and he's all that I need to fall into" ~ Teardrops on my Guitar
3. "Well maybe we got lost in translation, maybe I asked for too much and maybe this thing was a masterpiece till you tore it all up" ~ All Too Well
4. "Ten months sober I must admit, just because you're clean don't mean you don't miss it, ten months over I won't give in, now that I'm clean I'm never gonna risk it" ~ Clean
5. "Back then I swore I was gonna marry him someday but I realized some bigger dreams of mine" ~ Fifteen
6. "The best people in life are free" ~ New Romantics
7. "All those other girls, well they're beautiful, but would they write a song for you" ~ Hey Stephen
8. "Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met" ~ Red
9. "With your face and your beautiful eyes and the conversation with little white lies and the faded picture of a beautiful night you carried me from your car up the stairs and I broke down crying was she worth this mess after everything and that little black dress" ~ The Other Side of the Door
10. "And if you ask me if I love him, I'd lie" ~ I'd Lie
11. "I'm on my guard for the rest of the world, but with you I know it's no good" ~ Sparks Fly
12. "Darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream" ~ Blank Space
13. "Today was a fairytale, you were the prince, I used to be a damsel in distress" ~ Today was a Fairytale
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!!!
Love, Paola xx